- RA - Residential 'A': Medium density residential development with uses which are compatible with residential uses such as religious, educational and recreational facilities.
- RB - Residential 'B': Medium to high residential density including mobile homes and other uses compatible with residential uses such as religious, educational and recreational facilities.
- MR - Mountain Residential: A residential zone intended to protect and preserve natural beauty and natural growth of the surrounding landscape.
- GC - General Commercial: A Commercial district for personal and business services as well as general business activity. Includes the historic downtown area.
- MXD-I - Mixed Use District I: A mixed use development area intended to combine a variety of housing opportunities along with business opportunities such as offices, retail, service uses and live-work environments.
- HS - Highway Service: This district is established to accommodate specified retail and service activities that would be clustered around highway corridors.
- GI - General Industrial: A district established to provide areas for light manufacturing, processing, assembly plants, storage, warehousing and other similar uses.
- GD - Greenway District: A district created to protect drainage ways and help alleviate flooding.
- NU - No Use District: Certain lands in which the construction of permanent structures is prohibited pending study - often applied to newly annexed lands.
- MGC - Golf Course: Municipal golf course property.
- GCRA - Golf Course Residential 'A': A residential zone with clustered development and larger areas of space preserved to protect the natural elements of the golf course development.
- GCC - Golf Course Commercial: A business district adjacent to the golf course development for limited personal and business activity.
- PUD - Planned Unit Development
- AZ - Airport Zone
The Zoning Ordinance includes everything from zoning districts, setbacks, permitted uses, accessory structure requirements, parking and signage requirements, home occupations, non-conforming uses, enforcement, variances and the vacating of right of ways.
Click here for the Use Permit on Review Application. This type of permit is required for a permitted use in a zone that requires City Council review and approval.
Variance application and Ordinance Variance procedure section. Variances are only approved by the City Council for variances to setbacks or other restrictions that are unique to the piece of land in question.
The Subdivision Ordinance was adopted to provide for the harmonious development of the city and its environs: for the coordination of streets within new subdivisions with other existing or planned streets and in concert with the Comprehensive Plan.
Manufactured Home Park License
- Click here to access the Manufactured Homes; Parks Ordinance. It gives guidance to the development, upkeep and maintenance of mobile home parks and allows for their licensing and annual reviews.
- Click here for the Mobile home Park License Renewal Form
- Click here for the Mobile Home Moving Permit - Required whenever a mobile home is being moved into the City or from one mobile home site to another.