City of Hot Springs
Planning Administration Department
City of Hot Springs Planning Administrator
The Planning Administrator performs a variety of technical duties related to ensuring compliance with zoning, building, and property maintenance ordinances and regulations of the City of Hot Springs.
The current Planning Adminstrator is Kim Barbieri.
Four major areas of responsibility of the Planning Administrator include:
1) Serve as the City's Planner and help guide the development of the Community and the Comprehensive Plan
2) Serve as the City’s liaison to the Planning and Zoning Committee,
3) Serve as the Building Official and Building Inspector and
4) Serve as the Code Compliance Officer.
The planning function of the department includes:
- The updating and development of the Comprehensive Plan as required by State Codified Law [Chapter 11-6].
- The review of site plans for development to ensure compliance with the Comprehensive Plan.
- Attends all Historic Preservation Committe meeting and enforces the Historc Preservation Ordinance and Historic District Guidelines.
- Reviews and Issues all Sign Permits
- Is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the City's sidewalks, curbs and gutters
The zoning function of the department includes:
- Updating and managing any changes to the Zoning Map or Zoning Ordinance
- Reviewing Use Permits on Review
- Processing Variance requests
- Reviewing all subdivision applications for compliance with the Subdivision Ordinance, including assigning 911 addresses
- Licensing all Mobile Home Courts
The building function of the departments includes:
- Enforcing the Building Ordinance and the associated adopted codes within the community to ensure safe building construction and renovations. The City uses the 2012 International Building Code, 2012 International Residential Code, the 2012 Internation Existing Building Code and the 2012 International Property Maintenance Code.
- Issues building permits as outlined in the Ordinance.
- Inspects all new construction with the exception of plumbing and electrical which are permitted through the State.
- Licenses all contractors working within the city limits.
- Enforces the Property Maintenance 'Nusiance' Ordinance including the vacant property registration.
Floodplain Management -
The floodplain management function of the department includes:
- Reviewing all permit applications for possible impacts to the existing floodplain.
- Issues and receives elevation certificates for work within the floodplain
- Assists the City Engineer with managing the current flood control project on the Fall River adminstered by the Army Corps of Engineers.