Education

The first high school in Hot Springs opened its doors in the fall of 1894 for about 40 students. Today, the building still sits atop the hill overlooking the town and is now home to the Pioneer Museum.

Over the years, as the school’s needs outgrew its meager ten rooms, the school board made the decision to purchase new quarters from the Black Hills College just across the canyon on the opposite hill. Then, in 1924, the old college building burned and plans were made to construct a new, modern building the following year. The first graduating class included four boys and one girl, but by 1946, the school was boasting 50 graduates.

The current school enrollment in Hot Springs is around 888 students within a K-12 setting.

Hot Springs School District

1609 University Avenue
605-745-4145
Website

Hot Springs Elementary School

19th & Lincoln Avenue
605-745-4149
605-745-4165 Attendance Line

Hot Springs Middle School

146 N 16th Street
605-745-4146
605-745-4143 Attendance Line

Hot Springs High School

1609 University Avenue
605-745-4147
605-745-4243 Attendance Line

Bethesda Lutheran School (PK-5)

1537 Baltimore Avenue
605-745-6676
Website

Cornerstone Bible Institute

27315 Wind Cave Road
605-745-6878
Website